Sunday, June 26, 2011

backyard sunday.


today i intend to plant my ass in my over priced lawn furniture and soak up some much needed sun. i hardly get to use it because I always lose the weather lottery on my days off but today its hot and sunny and some of my flowers are in bloom. something smells highly of Hawaiian Tropic and Gin out here. woo, it's me. i <3 summer.



the orange blossom tree next to the compost.


i got these tiger lilies as a birthday gift from this girl i knew once. they weren't going to last long in the basket they came in and so I put them in my bamboo planter and they have thrived, i get more with each year... its funny how such a little gesture can leave such a permanent mark. they will always remind me of that girl even though i hardly knew her or ever see her. i love them. i suppose that would make a perennial a perfect gift.



poor one little strawberry. there is not enough sun on this side of my patio. just another reason i cant wait to move :)  2 months left.