Monday, July 18, 2011

The surest sign that there is intelligent life somewhere in the universe is that it hasn't tried to contact us yet.

FAMILIES last night claimed they watched in awe as a dozen glowing orange objects buzzed Basingstoke.


In the latest UFO riddle to grip Britain, witnesses say the alien  fleet hovered above the Hampshire town for half an hour – changing formation before their eyes. The photo above was taken by the father of the family who witnessed this sighting.

Normally, I wouldn't believe this bullshit only these are lights not tinfoil plates or can saucers that make up most fake ufo pictures online these days. That and the fact that my girlfriend Natalie had told me a story that had me in awe only mere months ago. Something that she, one of the smartest women I know, could not explain.


Her, her husband Guy and their two children all witnessed something very similar. In fact, when she told me this story it was while I was visiting their property in Langley, very rural on acreage. It scared me so bad I forced her to walk me to my truck when it was time to leave. (ok, i make her do that every time i leave, her place is a horror movie backdrop at night) Anyways, her tale haunted me for months afterwards. Fear of the unknown to me is the worst kind of fear, that and her words were so sincere, i will always believe her if she doesn't say just joking after 30 minutes of details! she's no time waster. (although she did call me up once just to tell me that susan lucci's limo had crashed into a department store window and that she had died. Man, i cried instantly for i dearly love erica cane... then she laughed at me and had to tell me she was kidding. yep, no wastin time with this one.) I've known her for far too long, this time she was serious.

Her last words after the tale had ended were, I'm not saying what i saw were ufo's, I'm just saying I have no reasonable explanation for what i saw... she said it got to the point while there were watching these objects hovering in place up and down in one spot, floating above the property across from her house that she truly wondered if she was about to witness something tragic, or devastating, like something you would see in a movie. Eventually they floated away into the distance until they were out of sight.

I can only imagine how she felt at that moment because of how I felt when she was telling me this story. f.r.e.a.k.e.d. in my mind i still had to get to my truck and drive home on empty country roads alone in the dead dark of night. In the week that followed her sighting, there had been no word or explanation for what they had seen that night. she looked online and on local news channels and in papers for days afterwards. nothing.

You can imagine my excitement when i saw the story photo and how eerily similar it was to what I envisioned that night as she explained her story to me. I called her immediately to tell her I had uncovered something that would be of great interest, that i had found something about her unexplained incident... and was cut off with... "oh yeah, we figured out what they were... Japanese Lanterns. didn't i tell you? sorry."

She had me google japanese lanterns and sure enough she was positive that it was what she had seen and went on about how it made the most sense. like i said, she's a smart cookie that one. Plus side: i'm a little less freaked out about being alone tonight.

the end. 


i googled some japanese lanterns and included a picture for comparison. looks the same to me. case closed.