Sunday, December 4, 2011

skyrim - the elder scrolls v



i can barely contain my excitement here. i went out for dinner with my new good friends Nikki and Dave last night. The Hog Shack in Steveston is beer selection heaven and we all had a really, really great time... so great in fact that I swear if you stabbed me after dinner pulled pork would have shot out of me like silly string.


We went back to their house to watch the movie 'Attack the Block' whick was lamesauce good. Then afterwards he began talking about skyrim, this new game he was hooked on. He turned it on as their PC was hooked up to their flat screen, I was in awe when i saw that it was made by Bethesda Studios, who are the makers of Fallout (game of the year). Anyone who knows me well knows that during the months after the release of fallout i did not leave my house. I used all my sick days at work and had to start making up deaths in the family to stay at home (j/k) but I am currently on attendance management.

I loved that game more than any other game I've ever played, and logged countless hours (thousands) free roaming the map for quests and locations... don't get me wrong I effin love uncharted (especially multi-player online) but usually finsh the campaign in the hours that follow the purchase, let's not forget mw3, and, and, and... but fallout was my crack cocaine. It was hard to walk away even when i finished the game. yes, i bought new vegas and finished that too.

After I left Nik and Dave's I called my brother and told him all about skyrim, he immediately downloaded it to his PC (we love the same games) and today before I started my shift at work I ran to EB games and stood in a 40 minute nerd line up to buy it for myself. The game store was over-crowded and hot, i felt sick from how muggy the room was (i assume from the amount of male nerds that smelled of sweaty balls and boiled meat) but i was a trooper and i covered my nose with my sweater sleeve and stuck with it. 

So here I sit at work, waiting until 10pm so I can take a freakin cab home (no car yet) gear down into my favorite ps3 game system attire (tank top and panties) pour myself a glass of wine, roll and blaze a new-game bomber and just play this all night into my day off tomorrow.

mega eye twitch to follow. add me on ps3 (meatcapes)

a huge thank you to fellow gamer Dave McLeod, who introduced me to this gem, i have a feeling ill be talking dork shop with him pretty quick here.

nerd out.