Sunday, February 9, 2020

Valentine’s Day 🤍


Valentine’s Day is all about showing love...



I’m not saying that you shouldn't buy what you feel you need to in order to express your love, if that’s how you express it and it makes you happy, spend away. For me, personally, it’s 100 percent about the things you can’t put a price tag on.

I love when someone says my name, it’s so personal and so now I always include a name. I try my best to listen more than I speak and always give my full attention to whatever someone is saying. Please do the same, interrupting is rude. Affection: Perhaps my biggest flaw. I crave it... I crave it in HD, but a lot of people don’t/can’t/won’t express that level of affection and that’s ok. I’ve always settled for SD because I’m almost certain it’s impossible to find someone who can exhibit high levels of it without eventually proving to be batshit. I wouldn’t even know how to process 4K but holy shit I’d fuckin’ love it. RIP

Lastly, undivided attention. Put down your phone and look up. Actually, don’t even take your phone out. Don’t even look at it. There is nothing on it that can’t wait. Instead, stare awhile and then maybe smile and stare awhile longer. Maintain a decent amount of eye contact, always remembering that there is a fine line between sexy angst and creepy puppet. Just live in the moment. Oh, and FFS keep it all off Facebook, not everything needs to be shared. Live life & validate yourself with the only ‘like’ that really matters, your own.

This Valentine’s Day, open the door for someone. Smile at a stranger. Help someone who needs it. If you work on improving yourself each day, you will impact the lives of the people around you. This doesn’t have to be just on Valentine’s Day either. As often as possible, I genuinely dole out compliments to people around me. One simple compliment can change someone’s entire day. It costs nothing to be kind.